“Music for awhile–
let all your cares beguile..”
“Music Northwest’s chamber series is a gem in Seattle’s growing classical music community. The series distinguishes itself for the quality and diversity of repertory Jane Harty (Music Northwest’s artistic director) chooses and the quality of the musicians who perform each concert.”
Zach Carstensen, Gathering Note
To view the NEW art-music videos in our 2020-21 Virtual Concert Series, please purchase a ticket on our TICKETS page. We will send you a link to enjoy at your leisure. We so very much appreciate your support!
The mission of the Music Northwest Concert Series is to bring diverse audiences together to experience different musical tastes. Although we are primarily classical, one of our primary goals is to expand cultural understanding through the appreciation of different genres of music.
In addition we offer Chamber Music Camps for both Youth and Adults taught by outstanding Northwest coaches. We seek to provide intensive training for small ensembles at all levels and encourage low-income participants to apply for scholarship assistance.
Our course offerings also include Piano Pedagogy I and II, Solo Piano Intensives, and Chamber Music Intensives in addition to our annual Chamber Music Camps.
Music Northwest has also commissioned and premiered brilliant new works by Northwest composers.
Commissioned Works, Music Northwest:
Premiered by Jane Harty, piano
- Snow Mandala; Janice Giteck, 2005
- Box Ek T’ho (Dark Sky over Merida); Bern Herbolsheimer, 2006
- Nunataks, John Luther Adams; 2007
- Bluebacks from Redfish Lake; Jonathan Middleton, 2008
- With Margaret Brink, piano
- Moon Whispers, Cloud Shimmies; Janice Giteck, 2010
- Three Poems by Phillis Wheatley for Voice and Piano; Clement Reid, 2021
- With Ibidunni Ojikutu and Jordan Wright, sopranos